Tuesday 2 July 2019

Hangi prep

Last week my class and I learnt how to prep the hangi for our kaumatua and kuia day. When we did the hangi the boys wen't to chop down some wood and us girls preped the hangi like  chopped the potatoes and peel the onion. The easy part was blending the bread to make the stuffing. The hard part was to peel the onions because it made me and my friends cry. The challenging part was trying not to cut my hand, but I did. My next step will be to learn how to not cut my hand.
Here are some photos and videos:










4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Havahna, My name is Mihipeka and I am a year 7 student from Paihia School. I really like your blogs they are really interesting and enjoyable. The Hangi looks very nice, I really want one now. Anyway was your hangi nice?
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Havahna, my name is Sheeandra I go to Tautoro School. I am a year 8. I enjoyed reading your reflection about the hangi day. This reminds me of the time, when we done a hangi prep, it was for our class and another. Maybe next time, you could make a presentation, so your photos aren't running down your page. If you would like to, come check out my blog at: tssheeandratn.blogspot.co.nz. Blog you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Havahna my name is Kingi and I go to Paihia School. I like your post about matariki. Those hangi look very nice. I really want one now. But anyway was your hangi nice? Maybe you could post a bit more so I could comment on your good work. But other than that good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Havahna my name is Emma and I am a year 8 at Paihia School. I really liked your blog post about the matariki hangi prep. I also agree that plucking the bread is the easiest job to making the hangi and I also cry when I cut the onions. How well do you think you and your school did at making the hangi?

    ReplyDelete